Amazing Armband Tattoo Designs
Armband tattoos have always been an intriguing alternative, but they have gained widespread popularity only recently.
A trend for armband tattoos has arisen in recent years, and they have suddenly become one of the most popular styles around.
Armband tattoo characteristics
Essentially, an armband tattoo assumes the form of a bracelet. In a straight line, the pattern wraps all the way around the arm and can be located anywhere in the length of the arm, even along the forearm and wrist.
Armbands vary from incredibly slim (even a single thin line) to broad enough to appear like half-sleeves in terms of size.
For a first tattoo, armband tattoos make an ideal alternative. As the tattoo needs to be put on the arm by definition, if appropriate, it is reasonably straightforward to cover up with long sleeves.
It is also worth noting that the arm is one of the least uncomfortable places for tattooing in general. There are few vulnerable regions, such as the inside of the bicep and the forearm, but the pain thresholds should be completely bearable other than that.
This is more of a pattern than a norm, as most armband tattoos are done in all black.
The biggest explanation for the all-black armbands’ appeal is that the patterns are most often abstract or geometric, and the forms are most simply brought out by black lines or dot-work.
There is also no excuse not to include color in your armband tattoo, much of which depends on the style and the elements you choose to use.
Popular design options
The infinite space for imagination is one of the great things about armband tattoos.
After all, the only pre-defined feature of armband tattoos is that they wrap around the arm. Everything else is completely up to you and the creativity, from the scale to the style and context.
Many of the armband tattoos you’ll see in our gallery and elsewhere will depend on abstract geometric shapes.
Given the regular nature of armbands (forming a complete circle by wrapping around the arm), symmetrical and geometric designs are a good aesthetic match.
When it comes to armbands involving recognizable elements, some popular designs and styles include:
- Line armband tattoos – These may consist of either one straight line, or many placed along the arm at normal or irregular intervals. In their simplicity, they look incredibly sophisticated and produce a fascinating visual effect.
- Jewelry armband tattoos – Since bracelet tattoos take the form of a bracelet, it makes sense for a lot of people to go for a style that mimics the look of a bracelet. They can look remarkably convincing when done in a 3D style and produce the feeling of being a piece of jewelry.
- Symbolic armband tattoos – To inject more meaning into the tattoo, armbands may require the use of symbols. An ancient symbol of eternity and rebirth, taking the form of a snake swallowing its own tail, Ouroboros is a common option. In armband shape, in a level line, the snake coils around the arm. Another famous symbol is the infinity symbol, which is formed like the number 8 on its hand, and can be easily worked into a line armband model. Like anchors on a rope, arrows also create great armband tattoos. The arrow is a sign of security, success and, among other things, going forward. Meanwhile, the anchor symbolises equilibrium and strength.
- Landscapes – The use of minimalistic landscapes includes a new trend in armband tattoos. The most famous are trees and valleys, while city skylines are a fantastic choice, too.
- Tribal armband tattoos – Traditionally, tribal imagery includes interlocking curved lines that conclude in sharp peaks. Since tribal designs are traditionally abstract and only used as decoration, they can be easily modified to the form of an armband..
- Floral armbands – In general, roses, vines, and other floral elements make for complex, delicate-looking armbands. By using bigger flowers (such as roses) and/or colours, the patterns may be made bolder.
- Quotation armband tattoos – It is possible to make brief quotes to go into an armband tattoo. It can take some working out to get the quotation to the correct size and font to wrap around the arm all the way without overlapping or too wide a difference. This can be a little difficult. However, it is far from unlikely and would make for a unique and great-looking tattoo.
By definition, an armband tattoo will have to be placed on your arm.
What’s still left to consider, though, is where exactly: as mentioned above, anywhere along the length of your arm is an option. Some things to keep in mind:
- Bicep band tattoos – The bicep is your arm’s widest area, making it the most appropriate location for longer designs. In the case of thin or otherwise easy armband tattoos, short sleeves can be enough to conceal them. Bicep bands may also be the simplest to hide.
- Forearm band tattoos – While shorter than the bicep, there is still plenty of room in the forearm, even for quote armbands. A common alternative is half-sleeve armband tattoos on the forearm, beginning with a level line above the wrist, with the pattern extending partway towards the elbow. Matching forearm bands on both sides is a smart option as well.
- Wrist band tattoos – The best position for designs that are less complicated, provided that the wrist is comparatively small. If you’re concerned about your pain level, the wrist can be a more difficult area for tattooing than the forearm and bicep.
With lots of visual charm, armbands are flexible, great-looking styles.
They have a modern, trendy style, whether done on one arm only or as a matching collection on both, which will certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
If you’re always looking for suggestions about what to include on your bracelet, take a peek at our big gallery below for a lot of inspiration.